The bottom is from a ruffle. So it was already gathered. It is longer in back than in front, that made it too cute! The straps are also made from pieces of the second ruffle, just 2 tubes sewn on 3 sides, pressed & attached!
I had to shorten the lower pockets because they hung down too low & I snipped one taking the legs off anyways.This is the back view. When I took off the old straps it made a V in the back & would have been too far down her back (so said daddy!) so I used another piece from the dress, topped with a cuff from one of the legs (stability).I removed the pocket to do the applique, so I had to put it back on & rather than hide it I used the same zigzag stitch & embroidery thread.
Thus ends the Monday recycling sessions!!!